A delicious gluten free cupcake recipe with fresh grated carrots and delicious sweet and fruity raisin bits. Incredibly moist, and tender. You won’t be able to keep your hands off!
- 1 1/4 cups Pamelas Paleo Nut Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 tbsp Flax Meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2/3 cup Silk unsweetened Cashew Milk I suggest Silk brand cashew milk unsweetened ( stay away from the box milk, its taste doesn’t compliment this recipe )
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3/4 cups Grated carrots I used the medium grate on my cheese grater for this, not the large grate.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese ( room temp, don’t let sit out too long before using ) or 8 oz. Wayfare dairy free cream cheese
- pinch salt
- 1/2 stick Earth Balance Butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cashew milk ( silk unsweetened )
- 3 cups Swerve powdered sugar ( for sugar free ) or Wholesome brand powdered sugar
- crushed pecans for topping
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners
* Double check your ingredient amounts making sure your not mixing up a tablespoon for a teaspoon or vice a versa 🙂 * In a medium bowl add your nut flour, tapioca starch, flax meal, baking soda, and spices. Mix well.
In a large bowl add your eggs, grapeseed oil, cashew milk, honey, apple cider vinegar, and blend.
Slowly add in your flour blend, and mix thoroughly. Once thoroughly mix gently fold in your grated carrots and raisins.
Using a large cookie scoop, evenly scoop your batter into each cupcake liner.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Oven times may vary so watch closely. Check with a toothpick after 20 minutes.
Once done baking let cool.
While your cupcakes are cooling, in a large bowl mix together your softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla, cashew milk, and pinch of salt.
Now slowly add in your 3 cups of wholesome brand powdered sugar.
Once mixed refrigerate frosting for up to an hour, and then pipe frosting on to your cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed pecans!
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: carrot cake cupcakes, gluten free carrot cake cupcakes, healthy carrot cake cupcakes