Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are vegan, so easy to make, and taste just like the real Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup but without any processed junk!
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl add peanut butter, vanilla, melted butter, and mix until combined.
- Next blend in your powdered sugar ( set aside )
- In a large bowl add 2 cups of dark chocolate chips and melt in 20 second increments until melted. ( stirring between each increment )
- Once chocolate is melted add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using a teaspoon scoop about a nice full teaspoon of chocolate into the bottoms of the cupcake liners. Spread it out so that the chocolate completely covers the bottom of the liner. It should be a small thin light layer.
- Lightly tap the pan on the counter so that it flattens the chocolate. Place in the freezer to set. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Pull out of the freezer once set.
- Scoop about a teaspoon or a little more ( depending on desired thickness ) into the palm of your hands and for a small flat circular disc ( slightly smaller than the width of the cupcake liner.
- Place the small disc of peanut butter on top of the hardened chocolate. Make sure you flatten it really well.
- Now using the remaining chocolate mixture add another teaspoon or slightly more to the tops of the peanut butter cups- spreading it out over the peanut butter until the chocolate completely covers the peanut butter.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter and place back in the freezer until chocolate sets. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer once set and enjoy!
- Category: american
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: dark chocolate peanut butter cups, vegan chocolate peanut butter cups