Incredibly moist, soft, and chewy Gingerbread Cookie Spice Bars. These Christmas cookie bars are easy to make and super simple. These holiday bars are gluten free and have a cream cheese frosting with a dairy free option. The perfect festive Christmas cookie.
- 1 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 1/2 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup softened ( room temp )Earth Balance Butter
- 3 tbsp. Mild Flavor Molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ginger spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup melted dairy free Earth Balance Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 8 oz container of cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
* For dairy free Frosting swap out the regular cream cheese for ” Wayfare ” dairy free cream cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line an 8 x 8 glass baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream your egg and sugar together for approximately 2 minutes until fluffy and light in color.
- Next add in your butter, vanilla, and molasses. Blend for one minute. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine your flour, gf oats, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Mix together.
- Next slowly pour flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix with a spatula just until combined.
- Spread mixture into your pan and bake for 25 minutes. Cover with foil and then bake an additional 15 minutes ( give or take a few ) Oven temperatures vary so keep a close eye out on it.. check with a toothpick for doneness.
- While the bars are cooking start your cream cheese frosting.
- In a large bowl blend your butter, vanilla, and cream cheese.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar… Mixing and scraping drown the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- Cover and refrigerate until bars are done baking and cooling.
- Once bars have cooled spread your frosting over the top of your bars and top with some festive sprinkles.
Keep in mind that oven temperatures vary … so I highly stress to keep an eye out on them and check with a toothpick.
- Prep Time: approx. 15
- Cook Time: approx. 40
- Category: dessert, gluten free, dairy free
Keywords: all, new, christmas cookie bars, christmas cookie bars recipe, christmas cookie bars easy, gingerbread cookie bars recipe, gluten free cookie bars recipe, gluten free desserts