Gluten Free Andes Mint Chocolate Cake ( Andes Mint Grasshopper Cake ) is an easy mint chocolate cake recipe with a creamy silky smooth easy chocolate frosting. This mint chocolate cake is moist, fluffy, and sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 1/2 cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cage free eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup silk unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 1 stick unsalted softened butter ( not melted )
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup andes baking chips ( or 1/2 cup Andes candies chopped up into small pieces )
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and line 2 circle 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine and sift together your flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.. set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together your eggs and sugar.
- Add in your mint, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and blend.
- Next blend in your cashew milk and oil.
- Fold your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. ( DO NOT BLEND with a mixer ) Gently fold in with a spatula.
- Now pour 3/4 cup of boiling water into your mixture and gently stir until combined. ( Batter will be thin and slightly runny this is normal. )
- Next pour and split your batter between the two lined cake pans.
- Place in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Insert with a toothpick to check to see if it’s done.
(Oven temperatures may vary so keep a close eye on your cake )
- Once cake is done cool for at least 2 hours before you frost.
- Once cake is done cooling make your filling layer and spread it on top of one side of one of the cakes.
- Now place the other cake on top of that one. Make sure it’s aligned properly.
- With an angled cake spatula frost the tops and sides of the cake with the chocolate frosting.
- Garnish with some candied sprinkles and Andes Candies.
- In a large bowl blend softened butter, and mint.
- Next add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time blending after each increment.
- Now add in a few drops of green food coloring and blend.
- Fold in a 1/2 cup of Andes Baking Chips or chopped Andes Candies
- In a large bowl blend softened butter, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add in your cocoa and blend again.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time blending between each increment.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 35 to 40 mimutes
- Category: dessert
Keywords: Gluten Free Andes Mint Chocolate Cake, Easy Mint Chocolate Cake, Andes Mints Grasshopper Cake, Mint Chocolate Cake, Easy Chocolate Frosting, gluten free desserts