Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Lemon Frosting is incredibly moist, fluffy, and bursting with delicious lemon tart flavor and sweet coconut. A dreamy spring and summer dessert that’s sure to become a family favorite on repeat!
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 3/4 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 1 1/2 sticks Earth Balance Butter = 3/4 cup ( at room temperature … soft )
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from a large Jumbo sized lemon. Use the whole peel, should equal approximately 4 tablespoons worth.
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup boiling hot water
For the Cream Cheese Lemon Frosting:
- 1 – 8 ounce container of cream cheese or wayfare cream cheese for dairy free.
- 1/4 cup melted dairy free earth balance butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 10 inch x 2 inch square pan with parchment paper then grease the sides and bottom lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl sift your flour, baking soda, baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream your sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Add eggs and blend until combined.
- Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. Mix with a spatula until combined. Do not blend.
- Gently fold in coconut shreds with a spatula.
- Next gently fold in flour mix until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Now add in your boiling water and using your spatula gently mix until fully incorporated and combined.
- Pour your batter into your parchment lined square 10 inch x 2 inch pan.
- Now bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it’s done.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. This will take a few hours.
For the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl cream ( blend ) your cream cheese until smooth consistency.
- Add your melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and blend together.
- Now add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time blending between each addition.
- Frost your cake 🙂
- Top with sweet coconut shreds and lemon zest.
Keywords: Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Cake, Lemon Coconut Cake, Best Lemon Coconut Cake, Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, Easy lemon cake, Lemon Coconut Sheet Cake, gluten free desserts