- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 3/4 cups bobs red mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold refrigerated organic vegetable shortening cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup add more if needed
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the nuts for about 3-4 minutes, then chop up very fine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 of the chopped nuts, baking powder, sugar, spices, salt, and mix together.
- Now cut your cold shortening into the flour.
- Stir in the canned pumpkin, egg , coconut milk, and the vanilla extract. Knead together until just combined ( dough will be sticky ) you will still see some small butter chunks ( don’t over mix otherwise the scones will be chewy ).
- Form dough into a circle thats about an inch deep.
- Freeze dough for 20 minutes.
- Now take out of the freezer and cut the circle into 8 different slices ( I just used a pizza cutter, knife will work fine also ).
- Place the 8 slices evenly onto the parchment paper, and bake for 12 -14 minutes.
- Let cool completely when done.
- While the scones are baking whisk together the glaze ingredients until creamy.
- Drizzle glaze over scones once they are done cooling.
- Top with remaining pecans.
Make sure your shortening is cold, this is a crucial step. I usually put my shortening in the fridge the night before so I don’t forget.
- Category: desserts
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Scones, gluten free desserts, gluten free scones