Healthy and delicious Kale Butternut Squash Salad. A beautiful wholesome lunch or side dish.
- 2 cups Butternut Squash peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 5 cups Washed and Chopped Kale
- 4 tbsp. Pomegranate Seeds
- 4 tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds ( unsalted )
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese ( leave out for dairy-free )
Creamy Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- In a large bowl add cubed squash, avocado oil, and garlic salt. Mix together and spread squash out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Roast squash for 30 minutes flipping halfway through cooking time until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile you will start making the creamy tahini dressing. In a medium bowl or salad dressing shaker add all of the dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake until thoroughly combined- set aside.
- Next add chopped kale to a large bowl. Massage leaves until they begin to wilt. You will know they are ready when they are more crispy and less rubbery when biting into them.
- Once squash is done roasting and has cooled down enough, add to the bowl of kale.
- Mix in pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese crumbles.
- Lastly drizzle with desired amount of tahini dressing over the top of the salad.
- Toss, serve, and enjoy!
If you are dairy-free just leave out the feta. You will not be missing out- I promise! It is so good with or without!
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: american
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: lunch
Keywords: butternut squash kale salad