These Mini Chicken Pot Pies are pie-fect👌🏼 A tasty recipe that’s filled with creamy chicken and veggies. Your go to meal of the week!
- 3 1/2 cups super fine almond flour ( don’t scoop directly from bag, follow tips section )
- 1 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp. Hain Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter sliced into small cubes.
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Forager dairy free sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 small onion
- 6 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 – 16 oz. bag of frozen peas and carrots mix
- 2 cups shredded gluten free rotisserie chicken ( or 2 cups cooked chicken breast – shredded )
- 1/2 tsp. dried or fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 pepper or to taste
- In a large bowl combine and mix flours, and baking powder.
- Cut butter chunks into the flour until butter is the size of peas.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add beaten egg and sour cream.
- Mix with a fork or your hands until a thick dough forms.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap, and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- While dough is chilling start your filling. Add onion and butter to a medium to large stock pan. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes until onions are tender and translucent.
- Stir in cornstarch and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add chicken broth, unsweetened cashew milk, frozen veggies, and stir.
- Finally add shredded chicken, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes to thicken up a bit more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Next remove dough from fridge. Place disc between two pieces of parchment or wax paper and roll out dough. Remove top layer of paper and flip dough over onto pie pans. Press into pie pan and remove excess dough around the edges.
- Add filling to pie pans and repeat above steps for the pie tops.
- Slice a small X in the tops of the pie to vent.
- Seal the crust by crimping the edges of pie crust.
- For the egg wash, mix 1 egg and 1 tsp water. Lightly brush on crust.
- Place pot pies on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven let cool before eating.
- Prep Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dinner
Keywords: Mini Chicken Pot Pie's, Gluten Free Mini Chicken Pot Pies