These are the BEST easy to make Paleo Dark Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes. Incredibly moist and fluffy, filled with sweet fresh cherries, and topped with an amazingly delicious paleo chocolate ganache.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup chopped dark red cherries ( patted dry in a paper towel )
- 1 – 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate baking bar
- 1 – 5.4 ounce can coconut cream
- 5 tbsp honey ( add another tablespoon to acquired taste if you’d like )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and cocoa. Mix until combined.
- Make a well in the center of your flour mix and add eggs, oil, vanilla, honey, apple cider vinegar, and cashew milk. Mix by hand with a spatula until thoroughly combined. ( Do not blend )
- Gently fold in 1 cup of chopped cherries.
- Using a large cookie scoop , scoop cupcake batter into cupcake tins and bake 22 minutes. ( Oven temps can vary so check on your cupcakes with a toothpick )
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before dipping in ganache.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate baking bar and heat for 20 second intervals stirring between each interval until completely melted and smooth… set aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl add full can coconut cream. Heat in 20 second intervals until smooth and creamy. ( Doesn’t need to be too hot. )
- Pour coconut cream into chocolate mixture.
- Add 5 tablespoons of honey and stir until smooth and clump free.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the ganache and let cool to harden up.
- Add a cherry to the top and waaaahaaah … enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Cook Time: approx. 22 min
- Category: desserts
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: paleo dark chocolate cherry cupcakes, paleo chocolate ganache, chocolate cherry cupcakes