The creamiest garlic mashed potatoes! These garlic mashed potatoes are super garlicky, buttery, and silky smooth. Make these for your holiday dinner.
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter
- 3 pounds Russet Potatoes ( Yukon Gold will work too )
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. tarragon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cashew milk ( add more as desired )
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat air fryer to 425 degrees.
- Cut 1/4 inch off top of garlic bulb and place cut side up on a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in the foil. Cook in the air fryer for 25 to 35 minutes or until garlic bulb is golden and deep brown in color.
- While garlic is cooking wash, peel, and quarter the potatoes. Place in a large pot of cold water with 1 tbsp. of salt and 3 to 5 sprigs of fresh thyme. Make sure the water line rests above the top of the potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove the lid and continue to let it boil approximately 30 ( give or take ) until fork tender. Drain well and remove the thyme sprigs.
- Transfer potatoes to a large glass baking bowl, and begin mashing until small chunks remain. At this point add butter, roasted garlic, and tarragon. Continue to mash and slowly start added in your milk. Mash until potatoes are creamy or at desired consistency. ( You can also use a hand mixer on low speed if your wanting more of a whipped texture. )
- Salt and pepper to taste then serve immediately.
Make sure to follow the directions exactly, and add the butter before you add the milk. This allows for the butter to coat the starch so that the texture doesn’t come out gluey.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 - 35 min
- Category: american
- Method: cook
- Cuisine: savory
Keywords: roasted garlic mashed potatoes