- 3/4 cup cooked and chopped bacon ( no hormones / no nitrates )
- 8 cage free eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk ( I use silk brand )
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in a jar ( this brand is certified gluten-free )
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 sprigs thyme ( leaves only not stem )
- 1 tsp. salt ( add more if desired )
- 1/2 tsp. pepper ( add more if desired )
Grain-Free Quiche Crust
- 2 1/2 cups finely ground Almond Flour
- 1 cup Arrowroot starch ( potato or tapioca are fine too )
- 1 egg
- 1 stick melted Earth Balance Butter ( salted )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Starting with your quiche crust first, combine almond flour, and arrowroot starch.
- Add in melted butter and mix.
- Now add in your egg and mix again, you should have a nice soft dough.
- In a tart pan or pie pan, press dough into the bottom and sides of the pan. ( set aside )
For The Gluten Free Quiche
- Add oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook until onion is translucent. ( approx. 5 to 7 minutes )
- Add in chopped spinach and cook until spinach is cooked down. ( approx. 3 to 4 minutes )
- Next add in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and yeast.
- Next scatter cooked veggies and bacon over the bottom of your pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of your veggies.
- Line the edges of your pie crust with foil to protect the pie crust from burning.
- Place quiche in the oven and bake approximately 40 minutes. ( oven temperatures may vary so be sure to check your quiche 5 to 10 minutes before projected bake time )
- Once done baking let quiche cool and rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dinner
Keywords: gluten free quiche, dairy free quiche, spinach and bacon quiche