Thick, creamy, and oh so delicious Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter. The perfect seasonal treat and a great gift in a jar.
- 5 1/2 pounds of Fuji Apples ( cored and chopped into small pieces – don’t peel )
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 2 tbsp. Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Turn Instant Pot on high slow cook setting.
- Core apples and chop into small cubes.
- Place apples in Instant Pot and stir in Bourbon, vanilla extract, and molasses.
- In a medium bowl mix together sugars and spices. Pour mixture over apples and mix in until apples are completely coated.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and cook on high 6 hours – give it a good stir every hour. When they are finished cooking, set the Instant Pot to pressure cook and cook additional 10 minutes. Apples and mixture will be dark brown, caramelized, and mushy to touch. You can also use a large crock pot if you don’t have a Instant Pot. Keep in mind you may need to add more time to allow apples to get that dark and extra mushy texture.
- Once done cooking use an immersion blender to puree apples down – then transfer to a food processor or blender and continue to puree until smooth, creamy, and until no apple chunks remain.
- Transfer to a airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes approximately 5 to 6 cups.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
Keywords: Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter, Apple Butter