This Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter recipe is an easy to make fall spread that’s filled with rich apple and spice infused flavor.
Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter
This Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter conjures up every thing you love about apple butter and more. Delicious to it’s core with rich caramelized warm fall flavors, a good splash of Bourbon, and the most incredible smooth velvety texture. This apple butter recipe is a super delicious way to use up that apple harvest. Spread it on toast or use it for baking your favorite fall recipes. No apple peeling required and makes a nice big batch for for gifting.
What Is Apple Butter?
Apple butter is basically concentrated applesauce made by slow cooking the apples and spices until the sugar from the apple breaks down and caramelizes – leaving you with a deep dark colored spread that captures the true essence of the apple.
What Are The Best Apples For Apple Butter?
Ideally a sweet softer apple like Fuji, McIntosh, Gala, Red Delicious are your better choices. However, you can pretty much make apple butter with any type of apple. If you decide to use a more tart firmer apple like Granny Smith, you will typically need to allow it to cook longer.
Can You Make Apple Butter Without Added Sugar?
Absolutely you can! Just omit the sugar but make sure you are using the sweetest apple – preferably Fuji, Gala, or Red Delicious. You can also add some sugar free sweetener to desired taste.
Ingredients To Make Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter
- 5 1/2 pounds of Fuji Apples
- Blackstrap Molasses
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
If you’re an apple lover be sure to try these delicious Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon MuffinsPrint
Thick, creamy, and oh so delicious Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter. The perfect seasonal treat and a great gift in a jar.
- 5 1/2 pounds of Fuji Apples ( cored and chopped into small pieces – don’t peel )
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 2 tbsp. Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Turn Instant Pot on high slow cook setting.
- Core apples and chop into small cubes.
- Place apples in Instant Pot and stir in Bourbon, vanilla extract, and molasses.
- In a medium bowl mix together sugars and spices. Pour mixture over apples and mix in until apples are completely coated.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and cook on high 6 hours – give it a good stir every hour. When they are finished cooking, set the Instant Pot to pressure cook and cook additional 10 minutes. Apples and mixture will be dark brown, caramelized, and mushy to touch. You can also use a large crock pot if you don’t have a Instant Pot. Keep in mind you may need to add more time to allow apples to get that dark and extra mushy texture.
- Once done cooking use an immersion blender to puree apples down – then transfer to a food processor or blender and continue to puree until smooth, creamy, and until no apple chunks remain.
- Transfer to a airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes approximately 5 to 6 cups.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
Keywords: Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter, Apple Butter
We hope you enjoy this ” Bourbon Spiced Apple Butter ” as much as we do!
Happy Blessed Day!