This buttery cheesy Jalapeno Scones recipe is grain free and is filled with a spicy pepper jack cheese and fresh diced jalapenos. Super easy to make and are the perfect breakfast, brunch, or snack.
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 tsp. Hain Baking Powder ( grain-free )
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh pepper jack cheese (or dairy-free substitute )
- 2 tbsp. diced and seeded fresh jalapenos
- 4 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter ( cubed )
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 tsp. cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl beat egg and cashew milk together then set aside.
- In a large bowl add and whisk together almond flour, cassava flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt.
- Add 4 tbsp. of butter and cut into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter.
- Mix in in diced jalapeno’s.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add beaten egg/ milk mixture, and cheese.
- Mix in until thoroughly combined.
- Shape dough into a round disc and slice into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges onto prepared baking sheet approximately a couple inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Oven temperatures may vary.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: savory
Keywords: Jalapeno Pepper Jack Scones