Catch that sweet tooth craving with this delicious Lemon Vanilla Chia Pudding. Velvety smooth lemon with a hint of vanilla and layered to perfection!
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweet coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lakanto monkfruit white sugar replacement
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract ( not imitation )
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream ( cream part only )
- 1/2 cup unsweet coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit white sugar replacement
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Heat up a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water or you can use a double boiler.
- In a medium bowl stir together chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and monkfruit. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Using a small bowl whisk egg yolks and set aside.
- Add monkfruit and cornstarch to heat proof bowl and mix.
- Next mix in lemon juice, coconut milk, coconut cream, and lemon zest. Stir until thoroughly mixed in.
- Whisk in egg yolks and continue to stir until thickened. This takes approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once thickened remove from heat and stir in coconut oil.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. ( strain if desired )
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Layer chis and lemon pudding and serve in a parfait glass or yogurt jars.
- Top with more lemon zest if desired.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
Keywords: lemon vanilla chia pudding, lemon chia pudding