Rich and creamy Peppermint Chocolate Truffles. Incredibly easy to make and 4 simple ingredients! These gluten free and vegan peppermint chocolates make for a delicious festive dessert!
- 1 – 10 oz. bag of Enjoy Life Dairy Free Mini Semi Sweet Morsels
- 1/2 cup coconut cream from canned coconut cream. Skim coconut cream from top of can, do not use juice. ( We used Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream approx. 2– 5.4 oz cans )
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract ( do not use more than 1 tsp. )
- 1 – 10. oz bag of Enjoy Life Dairy Free Mini Semi Sweet Morsels
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- In a medium bowl add your bag of enjoy life mini chips and 1/2 cup of coconut cream.
- Microwave for 30 second increments until melted. ( Stirring between each time )
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Cover and let cool on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from fridge and line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Wet a hand towel.
- Grab a dry hand towel as well.
- scoop and roll chocolate into a ball using the palms of your hands … working quickly as the chocolate gets messy.
- Wipe hands with a wet towel , and then dry hands with a dry towel after rolling each ball.
- Place on a cookie sheet, and then place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Take the balls out of the freezer and set them on the counter 5 minutes before dipping them.
- Now place your second bag of enjoy life mini chocolate chips in a medium bowl and add your 1 tsp. of coconut oil and microwave for 30 second increments until melted. ( Stirring between each time )
- Place melted chocolate in a tall glass or deep mug and carefully using a fork ( don’t poke with fork ) or spoon dip the balls into the coating and gently slide off back of the fork or spoon onto the parchment paper.
- If you want a topping, top with crushed candy canes, or sea salt while chocolate is still wet.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Keep truffles refrigerated when storing them.
- Enjoy 🙂
You can also save the leftover melted chocolate coating to use as a topping. When coating is set, take the truffles out of the fridge and drizzle the leftover chocolate on top and it it will harden up so beautifully.
- Category: american
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: peppermint chocolate truffles, peppermint chocolates, peppermint truffles