Get cozy with this delicious Spiced Vanilla Pear Fizzy Cocktail with a Vanilla Bean Sugar Rim. A festive dessert in a glass that’s perfect for all your fall entertaining!
- 1 ripe soft pear cut into small slices ( peeled and cored )
- A bottle of Prosecco Sparkling White Wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 – star anise
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- tiny dash of nutmeg ( very tiny dash )
- 5 tablespoons Tres Agaves Agave Nectar Sweetener
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
Vanilla Bean Sugar Rim
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- lemon juice for rim
- Start by adding a 1/2 cup of sugar to a small bowl.
- Slit 1 vanilla bean open with a knife and scrape out the seeds.
- Add the vanilla bean seeds to the sugar and rub it into the sugar with your fingers until completely combined.
- Pour vanilla sugar on a small plate and set aside.
- Grab another small plate and squirt just enough fresh lemon juice on it to dip the glass rim in – and set aside.
- Dip your cocktail glass rim in the lemon juice and then into the sugar mixture. Repeat with the second glass and set aside.
- Add your cut pear slices to a high powered blender with 1/2 cup of water ( I used my nutribullet ).
- Blend pear and water until it becomes a smooth puree with no chunks.
- Pour pear puree into a small saucepan.
- Add and stir in vanilla extract, star anise, cinnamon, nutmeg, and Tres Agaves Agave Nectar Sweetener.
- Bring to a low boil on medium heat (stir often ).
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain pear puree into a bowl and let cool.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for one hour until cold ( see recipe notes below for faster option ).
- Once chilled, pour pear puree into your cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 ounces vanilla vodka ( you can substitute for regular vodka, just add an additional teaspoon of vanilla extract ).
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Shake well and pour into your 10 ounce vanilla bean sugar rimmed glass.
- Top off with 4 ounces of Prosecco Sparkling White Wine.
- Stir gently and garnish with rosemary, a pear slice, and star anise for a festive touch!
- Make sure that your pear is ripe and soft.
- You do not have to refrigerate the pear puree. You can serve right away without refrigeration.
- This drink can be substituted with regular vodka. I would just add another teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: alcohol
- Method: stir
- Cuisine: drink
Keywords: Spiced Vanilla Pear Vodka Fizz, Pear Cocktail, Vanilla Bean Sugar Rim