MY BLOG ~
Hello, My Name Is Child Of The One True King… I’ve Been Saved, I’ve Been Changed, I Have Been Set Free!! Ok, ok well most of you know me as Natalie!
I am just your average domestic stay at home mom living with food allergies, trying to conquer a Gluten Free/ Dairy Free lifestyle that is anything short of boring. I’m definitely still learning, and love to share new ideas as I discover them. I really have no clue what I’m doing ( true statement ) and I’ve never received any formal training. If it tastes good and looks good then it’s a win ~ win in my book… haha!! … (Amateur Here)! I like to keep my recipes simple and straightforward. As much as I love to bake, Im not one that likes to spend hours in the kitchen. You will see in some of my recipes that baking mixes are my cheat sheet ha! Hey, user~ friendly right ?! ??☺?
My inspiration comes from God. He has given me the courage, strength and discipline to keep moving forward despite all the setbacks in my health. Instead of focusing on what I can’t eat, I focus on what I can! When I found out I had Food Allergies my very first thought was, What am I going to do?? I mourned food like it was a death in me. Its been 3 years now, and through Trial and Error and lots of kitchen fails (still have them) I feel like I can finally say I don’t mourn the Gluten and Dairy. I’m enjoying food more than I ever have. I am especially loving not cooking two different meals at dinner as much. I have to admit tacos are a staple in this house at least once or twice a week. I never thought I could make this BIG of an adjustment in my diet. This experience has brought me a new perspective on my life and health. I had to go through this process, and my mindset changed. It did get easier, and I feel so much better because of it. It’s nice to know we are not alone in this journey, and that if we just don’t give up we will persevere.
( UPDATE/ PRAISE ~ 8/2017 ~ Through years of self discipline I am now able to enjoy small amounts of gluten/ wheat and dairy which I will occasionally share some recipes with dairy.
ABOUT ME ~
I currently reside in beautiful Coeur d’ Alene Idaho. My husband and I have been married for over 16 years and have two wonderful kids a son 16 and daughter 13. I can’t forget to mention our Beautiful 150 lb. Alaskan Malamute Timber, he’s 5 and is the biggest baby “literally”. Here’s a couple picture’s of him chilling in his element. The snow is his sanctuary 🙂
My husband and I love to Garden, Hike, Snowboard/ Ski, Workout, Take Drives and Travel. We try to stay pretty active. Here’s a picture of us in Maui hiking the Kapalua Point, and a fun one of us out for a cruise in the Mustang…
My kids each have their own unique hobbies. My Son is your typical teenage boy, he Loves anything that has to do with technology ‘Video Games’ is at the top of that list! He also loves to Snowboard in the Winter, and in the summertime ride Dirt Bikes up in the mountains with his dad. These are my boy’s capturing the view at the top of a mountain on one of their rides this last summer…
My daughter, well she is a little musician in the making. She lives and breathes music from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed. Everyday is a Live Concert in my house. She Sings, plays the Guitar, Keyboard/Piano, Drums, and the Flute. Here’s a fun one of her jammin out on the Drums…
I Live a pretty simple life. My days consist of waking up early, reading my Bible, Cooking, Baking, making lists and checking them twice, working out, staying active, and living intentionally. I went to Esthetics School last year believing it was my passion. No sooner did I graduate, did it become clear it wasn’t my calling. I was having so much fun, and spending so much time in the kitchen Cooking and Baking that I realized this was my true passion. I wanted to be able to really get my ideas out there and help people. I felt my time would be more useful Cooking and sharing than sitting in a dark quiet room massaging faces. Don’t get me wrong I still love Esthetics and enjoy the perks of having my license. Being a girl is so much fun!!
SOME FUN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME ~
* Hi My Name Is Natalie And ‘ I LOVE Shirley Temples’ 🙂
* I Was Named After My Mom’s Favorite Movie Star ‘ Natalie Wood ‘
* I Love to Dance in the Kitchen! My Kids Laugh at Me and about Die when their Friends come over, But I can’t Cook unless the Music is Turned up and My Booty is Shaking!
* My Favorite Flower is the Sunflower, They Brighten up any Dark Day 🙂
* I Have a Wicked Sweet Tooth. So if you are Looking for Balance you’ve Come to The Wrong Page 😉 I Break Rules! You will Probably See a Little More Baking than Cooking!
* I Have a Need for Speed! Theres Nothing Like some good Heel Toe Action! I swear I don’t Speed often its just Fun to Get on It Every Once in a While 😉
* I Love, Love Quotes and Scripture, And I Love to Share them with You. I Feel like Sometimes its just that one Quote or one Scripture that can Turn your Whole Day around and Uplift your Spirits.
* I Love to Garden, Theres nothing more peaceful and relaxing than some therapeutic Petal Power.
* I Was Born in Hawaii and Lived there for the First 4 years of My Life. My Dad Built Golf Courses for a Living. When I was Born he was in the Process of Building the Beautiful Mauna Lani Golf Course on the Big Island.
* I Am a Big Lover of Music and I listen to pretty much every Genre…but Im a Huge Sucker for Oldies and Classic Rock. Theres Nothing like a Little Led Zeppelin, The Supremes, Bob Seger, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Frankie Valli, Creedence Clearwater, Van Morrison… You get My Vibe!
* I LOVE Turquoise, Especially Turquoise Jewelry.
* I Love Helping People, Truly I do. Whether its just a Hug, Word of Encouragement or Gift, To know I can Bless Someones Day Brings me so Much Joy.
Gosh, well I’m excited to start this Blog Journey with You! It’s such a fun little hobby! Thank you so much for stopping by 🙂 I hope that I can Encourage, Uplift and Inspire You! Its not always easy, But I truly Believe The Best View Comes After The Hardest Climb. We’re in this together. I would love to connect with you more, so if you haven’t already follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more Inspiration and Ideas. If you have any questions or would like to contact me feel free to comment or go to the Tab at the top of this page and click “CONTACT” . I can’t wait to hear from you! Also on a Personal Note… If you would like to hear My Story and the health struggles I’ve endured, and what got me through to this point, again just go to the tab at the top of this page and click “MY STORY”. I hope you enjoy this website, and thanks for allowing me to share with you 🙂
Lots of Love ~ Natalie
Song Lyrics quoted by : Matthew West
Quote used ‘ Best view comes after the hardest climb’ : author unknown