Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
The count down is on!!! Ring in the New Year with these easy to make Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes. This incredibly delicious, moist dairy free chocolate surprise cupcake recipe is filled with candy sprinkles, making it a fun surprise to bite into. I love how versatile these chocolate filled cupcakes are. You can make them for New Years with bright sparkly gold or silver sprinkles like I did here, whip them up for your kids birthday party, or really get creative and make them for your baby gender reveal. The possibilities are endless!
Important Recipe Tips:
- When measuring your flour make sure your not scooping directly from the bag. This can cause inaccurate measurements and your recipe may not turn out. Use a spoon to scoop the flour from the bag to the measuring cup and level it off with the back end of a knife.
- Make sure to use a good quality cupcake liner so that your cupcakes don’t stick to your wrapper. I like to use Wilton’s Cupcake Liners. I buy mine at Joann Fabrics.
- For how to fill the cupcake with sprinkles: I cut a circle out of the top of the cupcake. To do this I actually used a piping tip and gently pushed it down into the center of the cooled cupcake then removed it. I filled the center well with my sprinkles of choice then capped it with the piece of cake I removed. I’m adding a photo in the recipe notes.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- White Cane Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cage Free Eggs
- Cashew Milk ( Silk Unsweetened brand )
- Grapeseed Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Boiling Water
- Earth Balance Stick Butter
- Powdered Sugar
I hope you enjoy these Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes as much as we do! Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions! Check out all of our gluten free desserts here Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
The Lord gives perfect peace to those whose faith is firm.
Isaiah 26: 3
Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
- Total Time: 33
- Yield: 22 1x
This easy to make delicious moist Gluten Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcake recipe is filled with candy sprinkles making it a fun birthday party treat, new years cupcake, or baby gender reveal cupcake.
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 2 cups White Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cage Free Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cashew Milk ( Silk Unsweetened brand )
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 2 sticks Earth Balance Stick Butter (room temp ) DO NOT MELT
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- add 1 tsp at a time of unsweetened cashew milk if needed
- Wilton Sprinkles ( I bought all of mine at JoAnns Fabrics )
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Boil your water, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together you flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt… set aside.
- In a large bowl cream your eggs, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Add your oil and milk, mix again for another minute.
- Carefully and gently blend your flour mixture into your wet mixture.
- Next add in your 1/2 cup of boiling water and gently blend again. * Wear your apron 😉
- Once completely blended together , use a large cookie scoop and scoop your batter into your lined cupcake tin, filling approximately 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary so make sure your checking them with a toothpick.
- Let cool when done baking.
- While the cupcakes are cooling start your frosting.
- In a large bowl cream together your butter and vanilla until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
- Add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time , blending well.
- Once you’ve added all your powdered sugar, add 1 tsp at a time of cashew milk as needed depending on desired consistency… set aside.
- Using a medium sized piping tip press the piping tip down into the center of the cupcakes then remove. ( Do not press all the way through the cupcake ) Save the the little piece of cake that’s left inside the tip.
- Fill the cupcake hole with your sprinkles of choice and place the piece of cake over the top of the sprinkles, gently pressing down.
- Pipe your frosting onto your cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Prep Time: approximately 15 minutes
- Cook Time: approximately 18 minutes
- Category: desssert
Keywords: chocolate surprise cupcakes, surprise cupcakes, surprise cupcake recipe, chocolate surprise cupcake recipe, gluten free chocolate surprise cupcakes, chocolate filled cupcakes. new, all, gluten free desserts
Hahaha your food does that to me too!! Thanks so much sweet friend! Happy blessed New Year to you and Ted!! xoxoxo
Can I substitute something else for the grapeseed oil? This recipe looks delicious 😋