Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
The count down is on!!! Ring in the New Year with these easy to make Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes. This incredibly delicious, moist dairy free chocolate surprise cupcake recipe is filled with candy sprinkles, making it a fun surprise to bite into. I love how versatile these chocolate filled cupcakes are. You can make them for New Years with bright sparkly gold or silver sprinkles like I did here, whip them up for your kids birthday party, or really get creative and make them for your baby gender reveal. The possibilities are endless!
Important Recipe Tips:
- When measuring your flour make sure your not scooping directly from the bag. This can cause inaccurate measurements and your recipe may not turn out. Use a spoon to scoop the flour from the bag to the measuring cup and level it off with the back end of a knife.
- Make sure to use a good quality cupcake liner so that your cupcakes don’t stick to your wrapper. I like to use Wilton’s Cupcake Liners. I buy mine at Joann Fabrics.
- For how to fill the cupcake with sprinkles: I cut a circle out of the top of the cupcake. To do this I actually used a piping tip and gently pushed it down into the center of the cooled cupcake then removed it. I filled the center well with my sprinkles of choice then capped it with the piece of cake I removed. I’m adding a photo in the recipe notes.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- White Cane Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cage Free Eggs
- Cashew Milk ( Silk Unsweetened brand )
- Grapeseed Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Boiling Water
- Earth Balance Stick Butter
- Powdered Sugar
I hope you enjoy these Gluten-Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes as much as we do! Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions! Check out all of our gluten free desserts here Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
The Lord gives perfect peace to those whose faith is firm.
Isaiah 26: 3
This easy to make delicious moist Gluten Free Chocolate Surprise Cupcake recipe is filled with candy sprinkles making it a fun birthday party treat, new years cupcake, or baby gender reveal cupcake.
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 2 cups White Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cage Free Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cashew Milk ( Silk Unsweetened brand )
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 2 sticks Earth Balance Stick Butter (room temp ) DO NOT MELT
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- add 1 tsp at a time of unsweetened cashew milk if needed
- Wilton Sprinkles ( I bought all of mine at JoAnns Fabrics )
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Boil your water, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together you flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt… set aside.
- In a large bowl cream your eggs, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Add your oil and milk, mix again for another minute.
- Carefully and gently blend your flour mixture into your wet mixture.
- Next add in your 1 cup of boiling water and gently blend again. * Wear your apron 😉
- Once completely blended together , use a large cookie scoop and scoop your batter into your lined cupcake tin, filling approximately 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary so make sure your checking them with a toothpick.
- Let cool when done baking.
- While the cupcakes are cooling start your frosting.
- In a large bowl cream together your butter and vanilla until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
- Add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time , blending well.
- Once you’ve added all your powdered sugar, add 1 tsp at a time of cashew milk as needed depending on desired consistency… set aside.
- Using a medium sized piping tip press the piping tip down into the center of the cupcakes then remove. ( Do not press all the way through the cupcake ) Save the the little piece of cake that’s left inside the tip.
- Fill the cupcake hole with your sprinkles of choice and place the piece of cake over the top of the sprinkles, gently pressing down.
- Pipe your frosting onto your cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Category: desssert
Keywords: chocolate surprise cupcakes, surprise cupcakes, surprise cupcake recipe, chocolate surprise cupcake recipe, gluten free chocolate surprise cupcakes, chocolate filled cupcakes. new, all, gluten free desserts
MORE GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Funfetti Blondies
- Pineapple Raspberry Sorbet