Gluten-Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes are a moist and delicious cupcake recipe! These cupcakes are gluten free and dairy free.
Gluten-Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Cotton candy has this way of taking me back to my childhood… carnival rides, sticky fingers and sticky hair… Oh my! These Gluten-Free Cotton Candy Cupcake are a super easy to make recipe. A delicious homemade cupcake thats super moist and fluffy. You can celebrate with these cotton candy cupcakes anytime of the year! These cotton candy cupcakes are great for birthdays, baby showers, weddings, bachelorette party’s, graduation’s, the list goes on! Too much fun to be had!
Another gluten – free and dairy – free cupcake that is versatile and fun to make all year long are these Gluten – Free Cinnamon Tiramisu Cupcakes . And I don’t want to forget to mention these rich and delicious Gluten – Free Hi Hat S’mores Cupcakes . You can’t go wrong with either one, super delightful.
What dairy free milk can I use for these Cotton Candy Cupcakes
For these Cotton Candy Cupcakes you may use coconut milk, or almond milk. We used Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk for this recipe and love it! Make sure that whatever milk you use, you get unsweetened!
Ingredients List For Cotton Candy Cupcakes
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Organic Sugar
- 2 Sticks Earth Balance or ( butter for non dairy )
- 2 Eggs ( I always use cage – free )
- Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk ( You can find this at Walmart or Natural Grocers )
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cotton Candy Flavoring ( I used Delosi Cotton Candy Flavor Concentrate … yes gluten – free )
- Sprinkles ( I used Candyfetti Cupcake Flavored Sprinkles . You can buy on amazon as well Candyfetti Cupcake Sprinkles
- Powdered Sugar
Tips for Gluten-Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes
- Make sure your cashew milk is unsweetened ( that is crucial )
- Always measure your flour with a spoon. DO NOT just scoop out of the bag.
- Never let your batter sit out for too long.
- I like to pop my buttercream in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes before piping onto the cupcake, unless I plan on refrigerating my cupcakes right after frosting them. This helps the frosting to set better.
- I want to stress that the Candyfetti Cupcake Flavored Sprinkles are a big part of what makes this recipe so delicious. So I highly suggest you get them.
- Plan your ingredients a couple days ahead because some of these items you will purchase online.
Gluten-Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes
- Total Time: 49
- Yield: 20
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract not immitation
- 1 stick Earth Balance DF Butter room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Silk unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cotton candy flavoring
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles I used the brand “Candyfetti ” cupcake flavor
- 1 stick softened Earth Balance or butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cotton candy flavoring
- pink and blue food coloring
- 2 tbsp cashew milk ( silk unsweetened )
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Sift your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together your butter and sugar.
- Now add in your eggs and mix again.
- Next gently mix in your cotton candy flavoring, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and cashew milk.
- Slowly pour your flour mix into the wet ingredients. Mixing between each addition. Don’ over mix.
- Gently fold in your Candyfetti Sprinkles.
- Now using a large cookie scoop, scoop batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for approximately 17 to 19 minutes, check with a toothpick. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl cream your butter until light and fluffy, about a minute.
- Add in Vanilla Extract and Cotton Candy Flavoring and mix again.
- Add in your sifted powdered sugar in increments, mixing after each time. Continue to mix until fluffy and adding your cashew milk as you need.
- Divide the buttercream into two bowls.
- Add blue food coloring to one bowl, and pink in the other. You only need one to two drops. Mix very well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Just until slightly chilled.
- Scoop your blue buttercream into one piping bag and your pink into another. Pipe onto your cupcakes and top with more sprinkles. Enjoy 🙂
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 19
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: Gluten-Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes, Cotton Candy Cupcakes
I hope you love these gluten-free cotton candy cupcakes as much as we do 🤗💝🧁 Feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below, we would love to hear!
Make sure to check out all of our gluten free desserts here
More Gluten – Free Desserts To Try!
- Gluten – Free Chocolate chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Paleo Pineapple Raspberry Sorbet
- Gluten – Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Gluten – Free Banana Date Bread
You must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.
Leave a Reply