Spreading Christmas Cheer with these Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes. The perfect festive dessert that looks impressive and tastes delicious!
It’s the most Wonderful Time Of The Year!! And we are so excited to bring you these fun little Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes! These cupcakes are so fun and crafty to make. We always make iced sugar cookies every year per tradition. This year however, we wanted to add something new to the equation, these Christmas Tree Cupcakes brought out all the creative flair!
A rich dark chocolate moist cupcake topped with a sugar cone for the perfect Christmas Tree shape. Pipe a simple buttercream frosting onto the cone. Then dust the tree tops in powdered sugar for that snowy winter wonderland effect. They are super delicious, easy to make, and such a fun way to spend time with the family!
Important Items Needed
- cupcake tin
- cupcake liners
- #30 star piping tip
- sugar cones
- If you really want to fancy things up, add your favorite holiday candy inside the cone for an extra surprise.
- Add some festive little sprinkles to the trees to make ornaments.
- You want to use a smaller piping tip for the frosting. We suggest a #30 star tip.
- Place Cupcakes on a Christmas platter and and arrange like a little festive Forrest. Use as a centerpiece at your holiday dinner table.
Looking for more Christmas recipes? Check out these delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Candy Cane Kiss CookiesPrint
These Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes are fun to make and even more fun to eat! Moist dark chocolate cupcakes topped with sugar cone buttercream trees! An easy delicious recipe that’s gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 3/4 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick = 1/2 cup of Earth Balance Butter ( softened ) do not melt.
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temp.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pack of Let’s Do Gluten-Free Sugar Cones
- Festive Sprinkles for decorating
Dairy-Free Buttercream Frosting ( make two batches )
* Make two batches. Make one batch of green for the Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes and another batch of just white for the base of the Christmas Tree to stick to, and for the extra cupcakes that are left over.
- 1 stick Earth Balance Butter ( softened ) do not melt.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered Sugar
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring
- extra powdered sugar for dusting the tree tops.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend together butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients about half way, then add in hot water and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before decorating.
Dairy-Free Buttercream Frosting
- While Cupcakes are cooling make your frosting. Make one batch of green for the Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes and another batch of just white for the base of the Christmas Tree to stick to and for the extra cupcakes that are left over.
- In a large glass bowl cream your butter. Add in vanilla and mix again. Add powdered sugar in increments and blend until smooth. Add in green food coloring and blend until thoroughly mixed in. (*Feel free to add more powdered sugar or a little dairy-free milk to adjust frosting consistency to your liking. )
- Place white buttercream in piping bag and pipe a swirl onto all of the cupcakes and set aside.
- Cover sugar cones with a thin base layer of green frosting so that way when you apply the little star like dollops onto the cone they will stick and not fall off.
- If you’re adding candy to inside of cone add it now and place on the cupcake.
- Apply little dots of green frosting with a small star #30 tip. Starting at the bottom and working your way up the cone.
- Sift a little dusting of powdered sugar to the tops of the cones.
- Frost remaining cupcakes with white buttercream frosting and top with festive sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 75 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: christmas
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes, christmas tree cupcakes, gluten-free, dairy-free
Did you make these Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes? Take a pic and share it on Pinterest. We would love to see it! ?
We hope you enjoy these ” Christmas Tree Cone Cupcakes ” as much as we do!
Happy Blessed Day!