Natalie’s Quick and Easy French Dip
❤️The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them❤️
– author unknown
I’m all about quick and easy when I have to be. I’m constantly looking for ways to cut back on time in the kitchen. That’s what I love about this French Dip. The only cooking requirement… The Au Jus Sauce. Yes you heard that right! The Au Jus Sauce ?
Hearty and delicious you can’t go wrong with this perfect weeknight sandwich. Fuss free, that’s a promise!
Natalie’s Quick and Easy French Dip is a easy to make delicious recipe. Finding gluten free and dairy free dinner recipes can be such a challenge. I know first hand. When I first started eating gluten free and dairy free I was practically pulling my hair out trying to think of and find good quality meals that actually sounded yummy to make. It really was such a challenge but I was determined and I wasn’t going to let the frustration stop me. My family depended on it.
A huge part of the frustration was the fact that I was tired of trying to make two different dinners every single night. I found myself cooking two seperate meals a night. It was so hard and it just wore me out. I now realize its the simple meals that make the best gluten free and dairy free dinners like tacos and french dip. Then if the kids want cheese it’s easy to throw on top.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do 🙂
If your looking for more delicious gluten free and dairy free recipes be sure to check out Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Funfetti Blondies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 3/4 green bell pepper sliced
- 3/4 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion sliced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 packed organic french onion soup mix I used Simply Organic ( it's gluten free )
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp flour Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350. First saute your garlic, bell peppers, and onion for approximately 5 minutes. Next add in your 6 cups of beef broth, dijon mustard, french onion soup mix, worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil, now turn down to low and let simmer for 25 minutes. Drain out the vegetables, set aside, now add your 2 tsp of flour to the Au Jus sauce. Bring back to a low boil, stir occasionally until the flour has mixed in. Take your roast beef, set it in the Au Jus sauce and let simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes on low. Next put the roast beef on your sandwich bread and top with your vegetables. Then place in preheated oven and bake for approx 7 minutes. Enjoy : )
Leave a Reply