Gluten – Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Faith On Record
Over the last week I have had an awakening in my soul. The Lord has been stirring my heart and mind. He’s shown me over the last few months I have been focused on all the wrong things, and I have lost why and who I’m doing this blog for. The funny thing is I had been feeling like I had lost my joy, and had been praying specifically about it to no avail. My anointing has felt dampened, like I’m working for myself. I have felt very robotic with my blog, just plugging away at recipes and posting. Looking back I now realize that was NOT how God intended me to be. You may remember a few months ago I made the decision to stop faith writing on my recipe posts and just write about the food in hopes of pumping out more recipes on my blog. I thought at the time it was the right decision. Little by little with each recipe , not realizing…my joy and passions started running dry. I would push through anyways, because I’m crazy like that 🙈
So here I am last week asking myself these questions ( I literally wrote them out on paper ) . I needed to see them written out so I could really internalize and process how I have been feeling and where I have been putting my focus.
- What has the Lord called me to do?
- Am I listening to him?
- Have I gotten away from my calling?
- What breathes life into my passions?
- What sucks the life out of my passions?
- What do I see in the future for my blog?
- What matters?
- What doesn’t matter?
- What is God capable of?
- Do I doubt?
- What does the bible say about doubt?
- What does the bible say about belief?
- Am I putting God first above all else?
- What / or Whom am I putting on a Pedestal? Is it God? … It should be!
- Am I walking in obedience or trying to do things myself?
- What is God saying to me?
I took a hard look at these questions and quickly realized it was time for me to go on a retreat with the Lord, gird up my loins and get strong with God again. I made the committment to dig in deep with God for at least a week and a half with no posting so I’m not having to comment and interact on social platforms. Just complete solitude with the Lord. It’s time to empty myself of me and get back on track with him. RESET TIME NATALIE!!
God’s already revealing so much to me in this first week. One of the first things he spoke to me was this scripture…
Colossians 3: 23-24
” Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward. ”
God is showing me that a big part of my calling and what sets my soul on fire is to share my faith. The food and the faith go hand in hand, theres just no way around it for me. Sharing my faith is what puts the passion in my heart and gives me SO much joy. Going forward, I’m going to go with God. I’m taking the pressure off and finding balance. It’s time to slow down a bit and think long term. When I have a recipe and I feel inspired and led, I will write what is on my heart. If not, that’s okay because I’m not here to just write to write. I want the Holy Spirit’s guidance and leading. This is God’s blog. Less of me more of him.
So here I stand… in complete surrender. It’s not easy because I’m human and the flesh likes to have its own way, but God always has a way of reeling me back in. He wants my heart, all of it. This is what he’s called and anointed me to do.
His will. His way. That’s the only way I want it. He will always be enough for me.
Step aside Natalie!
Gluten – Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes
So are you ready to hear about these delicious Cotton Candy Cupcakes?! Cotton candy has this way of taking me back to my childhood… carnival rides, sticky fingers and sticky hair… Oh my! This recipe is a super easy to make Gluten – Free and Dairy – Free Cotton Candy Cupcake recipe. A delicious homemade recipe thats super moist and fluffy. You can celebrate with these anytime of the year! They are great for birthdays, baby showers, weddings, bachelorette party’s, graduation’s, the list goes on! Too much fun to be had with these 🤗
Another gluten – free and dairy – free cupcake that is versatile and fun to make all year long are these Gluten – Free Cinnamon Tiramisu Cupcakes . And I don’t want to forget to mention these rich and delicious Gluten – Free Hi Hat S’mores Cupcakes . You can’t go wrong with either one, super delightful.
Ingredients List For Recipe
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Organic Sugar
- 2 Sticks Earth Balance or ( butter for non dairy )
- 2 Eggs ( I always use cage – free )
- Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk ( You can find this at Walmart or Natural Grocers )
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cotton Candy Flavoring ( I used Delosi Cotton Candy Flavor Concentrate … yes gluten – free )
- Sprinkles ( I used Candyfetti Cupcake Flavored Sprinkles . You can buy on amazon as well Candyfetti Cupcake Sprinkles
- Powdered Sugar
Tips for Gluten – Free Cupcakes
- Make sure your cashew milk is unsweetened ( that is crucial )
- Always measure your flour with a spoon. DO NOT just scoop out of the bag.
- Never let your batter sit out for too long.
- I like to pop my buttercream in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes before piping onto the cupcake, unless I plan on refrigerating my cupcakes right after frosting them. This helps the frosting to set better.
- I want to stress that the Candyfetti Cupcake Flavored Sprinkles are a big part of what makes this recipe so delicious. So I highly suggest you get them.
- Plan your ingredients a couple days ahead because some of these items you will purchase online.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do 🤗💝🧁 Feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below, we would love to hear!
Make sure to check out all of our gluten free desserts here
More Gluten – Free Desserts To Try!
- Gluten – Free Chocolate chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Paleo Pineapple Raspberry Sorbet
- Gluten – Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Gluten – Free Banana Date Bread