Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake is the home run of cheesecakes this holiday season! With a Dark Chocolate Graham Crust and a Chocolate Marble Swirl on top – your guests will be swooning for seconds. Go Big or Go Home!
Hey There Pumpkin 😉
A cheesecake lovers dream come true. This decadent Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake features an ultra rich and creamy pumpkin spice filling resting on top of a Dark Chocolate Graham Crust. Topped with Chocolate Marble Swirl for a smooth divine touch. The most delicious crowd pleasing fall dessert!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake is a super fun take on your traditional cheesecake and classic pumpkin pie. I don’t know about your household, but my family loves me to make both desserts during the holidays. So this year they’re getting the best of both worlds in one delicious slice!
Dairy Free Version
You can bet your bottom dollar there’s a dairy free version. And it’s a guuuuud one!
I can honestly say without reservation ( and my husband approves this message ) that our dairy free spin off of this Pumpkin Cheesecake is killa pumpkinilla!
We used Enjoy Life dairy free dark chocolate chips for the chocolate swirl , and Tofutti brand dairy free cream cheese along with their dairy free sour cream for the filling. The recipe stays the same just swap out regular cream cheese and sour cream for this dairy free brand. It is so creamy and delicious you would never know it’s dairy free.
If you end up making the dairy free version I’d love to hear your feedback. Make sure to comment below at the bottom of this post.
A Hard Nut To Crack
If you are a perfectionist like me and one tiny crack in your cheesecake gives you a temper tantrum -then my advice is as follows :
- I highly recommend following the water bath technique I have included in the instructions. This creates steam and allows for a nice humid environment. It ensures a creamy smooth cheesecake and helps to reduce cracks on the top.
- Make sure your oven rack is not too high. This also helps with reducing cracks on the top of the cheesecake.
- No Peek-a-boooo’s allowed – I know it’s tempting but opening that oven door while it’s cooking can create a draft and cause a temperature change … therefore ” CRACK ” yo self up!
- Preparation is key – Make sure you read through the ingredients, the things you will need, and instructions before you get started.
- Don’t overlook room temperature. It’s really important that you leave your eggs and cream cheese out to room temperature before getting started. This makes for a smooth lump free batter.
- Check your oven rack and make sure it isn’t too high.
You Will Need
- 1 – 9 inch springform pan
- 1- Large Baking Pan ( like a large rectangle cake pan )
- food processor
- parchment paper
- 3- 8 oz. packages of cream cheese at room temp.
- 4 eggs + 1 yolk at room temp.
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- all spice
- bakers sugar
- brown sugar
- boiling water
- dark chocolate chips ( for dairy free use enjoy life brand )
- 2 boxes Schar gluten free honey grahams
- dark cocoa powder
- unsalted Earth Balance Butter ( salted is fine too )
Ultra creamy Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Crust. The perfect delicious addiction to your holiday table!
- 3– 8 oz. packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese – room temp. ( For dairy-free: 3 – 8 oz. packages Tofutti Cream Cheese _)
- 4 eggs + 1 yolk – room temp.
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream ( For dairy-free: 3/4 cup Tofutti sour cream )
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree ( not canned pumpkin pie mix )
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. all spice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup bakers sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- boiling water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips ( melted with 1 tsp. coconut oil ) – for dairy free use enjoy life brand.
Chocolate Graham Crust
- 2 boxes Schar gluten free honeygrams
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 stick ( 1/2 cup ) + 2 tbsp. melted unsalted Earth Balance Butter ( if you cant find then just use regular- it will taste slightly salty- not bad ).
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and line bottom and sides of your springform pan with parchment paper and grease the top of your parchment paper ( size and cut out a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan. You do not use parchment on the sides of the pan ).
- Line the outside bottom of springform pan with 2 pieces of foil covering the bottom and half way up sides. – Set Aside
- Now start boiling a large pot of water for the water bath.
- In a food processor add your graham crackers, cocoa powder, butter, and brown sugar.
- Pulse until completely combined and fine.
- Transfer crumbs to springform pan. Using bottom of a cup to press into bottom and sides of pan ( going about a 1/2 inch to 1 inch up the sides of the pan ). – Set Aside
- In a large bowl blend cream cheese just until light and fluffy without lumps – don’t over blend.
- Quickly blend in sour cream.
- Add and blend in cornstarch and sugars.
- Next blend in pumpkin puree
- Blend in eggs 1 by 1 – don’t over blend.
- Lastly mix in vanilla, and spices.
- Pour batter into springform pan.
- OPTIONAL step : Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and stir. Drizzle chocolate all over cheesecake and swirl melted chocolate into top of cheesecake with a knife. Keep in mind the cheesecake will crack with chocolate in it.
- Tap pan once on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan.
- Add just enough boiling water to the larger pan ( not the springform pan ) so that it goes about 2 inches up the side of the springform pan.
- Place in the oven ( make sure your oven rack is not too high ) and Bake for 325 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. The center should have a little jiggle and you will notice the edges will be cooked. Turn oven off when done and crack the oven door and let the cheesecake sit with oven door cracked and open for 1 hour.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 70
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate graham crust
We hope you enjoy this ” Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake ” as much as we do!
Happy Blessed Day!
MORE GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES TO TRY:
Make sure to check out all of our gluten free desserts
Seek the Kingdom Of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.