Easy to make Chocolate Rum pudding. This healthy Vegan Pudding is rich, decadent, and only requires a few simple ingredients. Have this delicious vegan pudding made in just 10 minutes.
Chocolate Rum Pudding
Ring in the New Year with this easy to make Chocolate Rum Pudding! This gluten free pudding is also vegan and naturally sweetened with honey, making it a healthier dessert option that you definitely can’t go wrong with. No guilt trips here!
Our gluten free chocolate pudding has a sweet rum kick and is deliciously creamy and decadent. The perfect light New Years Eve dessert.
This chocolate rum pudding can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. You can prep this on the weekend and enjoy this healthy little treat all week long.
Tips For Gluten Free Pudding
- I like to gently shake my coconut cans before I buy them. If I shake them and hear a bunch of liquid swishing around I know that the cream in the can will not be as thick. You want to be able to lightly shake the can and not hear any swishing.
- Make sure you don’t buy the ” lite canned coconut milk ” This recipe calls for the regular full fat coconut milk/cream.
- Open coconut milk cans from the bottom so you can pour the juice out first.
- Make sure you don’t cook the pudding too thick, the mixture needs to be a slightly thickened consistency when removing it from the heat. The vegan pudding will thicken as it sits and refrigerates.
Ingredients For Gluten Free Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups canned coconut milk ( use cream only not the juice )
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. cashew milk
- 1/3 cup enjoy life dairy free mini chocolate chips ( optional )
Incredibly easy to make homemade Gluten Free Chocolate Pudding. This delicious vegan pudding has a sweet rum kick. Perfect light dessert to ring in the New Year.
Gluten Free Pudding
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisk together until no clumps… and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan add coconut milk cream, dark cocoa powder, and butter.
- Mix on low-medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Now turn stove down to low and add in honey and rum.
- Whisk/Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add in cornstarch mixture and turn heat back up to medium heat.
- Whisk pudding for 2 to 3 minutes ( stirring constantly ) until pudding is slightly thickened and glossy looking.
- If your adding chocolate chips, add these in now, and stir until thoroughly mixed in.
- Remove from heat and pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours ( or overnight ).
- Serve in ramekins or pudding/parfait dishes.
- Top with your favorite whipped topping and enjoy!
Tip For Vegan Pudding Recipe – Open coconut milk cans from the bottom so you can pour the juice out first.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: american
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: chocolate rum pudding, vegan pudding, gluten free chocolate pudding, gluten free pudding
If you are loving this simple gluten free pudding then you got to try our Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait. Another delicious easy to make recipe that’s sure to tantalize those taste buds!
Check out all of our gluten free desserts
You don’t want to miss this other delicious recipe!
We hope you enjoy this Gluten Free Chocolate Pudding as much as much as we do!
MORE GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Peppermint Chocolate Truffles
- Gluten-Free Bailey’s Chocolate Tart
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4