These Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are a soft and light gluten-free cupcake recipe. A great way to use up your ripe bananas!
Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes
Howdy friends! We were excited to have a local company here in Coeur d’ Alene Idaho Snacktivist Foods gift us with some of their Flour Blend to try. I was so impressed with how amazing the taste and texture was I thought it would only be fair to share this goodness with all of you! We created these Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes with Snacktivist Foods Flour Blend, and it definitely exceeded our expectations.
My fellow ripe bananas were staring at me on the counter and begging for my attention. How could I let them down? If you can tell one thing about me over the years, is that I have a cupcake fixation. I would bake cupcakes all the time if I didn’t have a blog to keep interesting … haha! The thought of banana cupcakes started to make me happy, and then of course banana with chocolate is always a winner, so I sprinkled some chocolate chips in and waaalah!
There’s not enough words in the vocabulary to describe just how delicious these Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes really are! Fluffy, moist, tender, delicate, luscious, mouth-watering, lip smacking good… okay you get the idea… ha!
To top off all this banana cupcake yumminess, we frosted them with a delicious smooth cream cheese frosting. It’s the perfect counterpart to this fabulous gluten free cupcake recipe.
Dairy-Free did you say?!
Well not exactly! But, I have good news. You can easily make these chocolate chip banana cupcakes dairy-free no problem! I have included the dairy free options in the recipe card, so be sure to follow along carefully. Please keep in mind that the dairy-free version of these gluten free cupcakes will not be the exact taste and texture. But, they still taste absolutely delicious!! 😉
Ingredients for this Gluten-Free Cupcake Recipe
1 1/2 cup Snacktivist Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 stick Earth Balanced Butter = 1/2 CUP ( softened ) Not Melted
1 TSP. vanilla extract
2 medium ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips ( use enjoy life brand for dairy free )
dried banana chips for garnish ( optional )
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. block cream cheese ( softened ) For dairy free use Wayfare brand.
3 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter ( softened ) Not Melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
How To Make This Gluten-Free Cupcake Recipe
To make this gluten free cupcake recipe you first want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then you will want to get your cupcake tin out and line it with cupcake liners.
Get out a medium glass baking bowl and add your flour, powder, soda, and cinnamon. Mix together really well until combined and set aside.
Next you will add your sugar, butter, vanilla, and blend. Add in your your eggs and blend again. Now add your mashed ripe bananas and blend. Time to add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients… mix until combined.
Measure out your half cup of unsweetened cashew milk and stir into the mixture with a spatula.
Lastly, gently fold your mini chocolate chips into the batter.
Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. Then cover with foil, and bake an additional 7 minutes for a total bake time of 20 minutes.
For cream cheese frosting see recipe card below.
Cupcake-a-holics anonymous… here’s a recipe you won’t want to resist 😉Print
A delicious gluten free cupcake that’s incredibly moist, fluffy, and tender! Topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting. Make this your next party dessert and use up those ripe bananas!
- 1 1/2 cup Snacktivist Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick Earth Balanced Butter = 1/2 CUP ( softened ) Not Melted
- 1 TSP. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips ( use enjoy life brand for dairy free )
- dried banana chips for garnish ( optional )
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. block cream cheese ( softened ) For dairy free use Wayfare brand.
- 3 tbsp. Earth Balance Butter ( softened ) Not Melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, powder, soda, and cinnamon.
- Now in large bowl blend sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Add eggs and blend again.
- Next add in mashed bananas and blend.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Measure out your 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk and stir into the mixture with a spatula.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liner about 2/3 of the way. ( I used a large cookie scoop for less of a mess. )
- Bake cupcakes for approximately 13 minutes and then cover with foil and bake an additional 7 minutes for a total baking time of 20 minutes. ( Please note that oven temps vary so be sure to check on your cupcakes. )
- Let cupcakes completely cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl blend your cream cheese until silky and smooth.
- Add in butter and blend again.
- Next add in vanilla and blend.
- Now slowly add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time blending between increments.
- Add more powdered sugar if you want it thicker.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with a dried banana chip.
*Keep in mind this banana cupcake recipe only makes 12 to 15 cupcakes.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: american
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: chocolate chip banana cupcakes, gluten free cupcakes, banana cupcake
This banana cupcake recipe is such a unique fun dessert for any of your celebrations!! Here’s another delicious banana recipe that will have you coming back for more 🙂
Check out all of our gluten free desserts
You don’t want to miss this delicious Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread
We hope you enjoy these Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes as much as we do!
MORE GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES TO TRY:
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.