Grain Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites with Cashew Crust
I’m always in the kitchen baking, I mean I literally feel like I live in there. I usually bake with gluten free flours, but from time to time I like to mix it up and bake grain free. When I do its very important to me that I don’t sacrifice on flavor and texture. Grain Free can be a little more tricky to work with. I especially loved this Grain Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites with Cashew Crust recipe, it was almost too easy to work with. I felt like a cheater haha! If you tend to lean more on the grain free side of the world then you definitely need to check out these Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter Cookies . These delicious bites are flourless, giving them an extra added bonus… Woohoo!
Cheesecake is one of my husbands favorite desserts! Anytime I say the word ” cheesecake ” he will bend over backwards for me just to get me to make it for him! Needless to say he was drooling at the mouth over these delicious cheesecake bites. The cashew crust gives it this really nice creamy – buttery flavor. I love using cashews when I bake, they are lower in fat compared to other nuts and are rich in protein and magnesium. Another delicious recipe to try with cashews are these Dark Chocolate Dipped Cashew Cookies.
Here are a few thoughts and tips :
- Make sure when you cream your wet ingredients you stay PATIENT. It takes a few minutes for the ingredients to combine and smooth out.
- Keep an eye on your cheesecake bites , oven temperatures vary.
- If you go with the dairy free option, keep in mind the taste and texture are NOT real cream cheese so it may slightly differ… This is why I suggest Wayfare Cream Cheese , the flavor and texture is the closest I have found to real cream cheese. ( This is my personal opinion )
Thank you for trying this recipe! I hope you have a happy and blessed day. Check out all of our gluten free desserts here
Love, Natalie 🙂
- 1 8 oz package Cream Cheese or for dairy free option use wayfare dairy free cream cheese.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp all natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cage free eggs
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 12 pitted dates
- 4 tbsp organic sugar
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp all natural creamy peanut butter
- sprinkle crushed cashews
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line your cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside. In a large bowl cream together your cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar’s, vanilla, starch, and eggs. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Now in your your food processor pulse cashews, dates, vanilla, and almond flour. Pulse on low approximately 2 minutes.
- When done, using a tablespoon cookie scooper, scoop 2 tablespoons of crust into each cupcake lined tin. Press crust down tight.
- Next take cream cheese mixture out of the refrigerator and scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of cream cheese mix on top of each cupcake crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 18 -20 minutes. Remove from oven when done and let cool.
- Once completely cool, melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second increments , stirring after each increment until completely melted.
- Next add 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, stir until completely mixed in and smooth.
- Now that cupcakes are completely cooled ( very important ) - remove each cupcake liner and spoon chocolate over each cupcake. Sprinkle with chopped cashews. Enjoy!
Omg this sounds soooo good I can’t wait to make it. Can I substitute the cashews and the the peanut butter perhaps with another nut and almond butter instead? Thank you I also love your recipes.
Hi! Thank you so much for the support. I haven’t tested it with another nut. I’m sure the almond butter would work though. Have a blessed day.