Grain Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I was so excited when Otto’s Naturals sent me a bag of their Cassava Flour. I have been wanting to bake with Cassava Flour for awhile now. This was my first time ever baking with it and I have to say it truly is a winner in my book. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies turned out so moist, chewy, and soft. No grittiness or weird textures.
Cassava Flour is a grain free flour that comes from the Yuca root vegetable. Cassava is not only grain free and gluten free, but its nut free, vegan, vegetarian, and paleo as well. It makes it a great choice for those on selective diets. One thing to keep in mind is that although it’s grain free, it does not mean it’s low carb. It actually contains a pretty high carbohydrate profile, given the fact that it comes from a starchy tuber.
Otto’s Cassava flour can be used as a one to one substitute by weight for wheat flour in many recipes because of its mild flavor and light texture. You can expect it to have no additives, xantham gum, or fillers, how exciting is that?!
You are going to love these Grain Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies made with Otto’s Cassava Flour. I’m so excited for you to try. Please leave a comment below and let me know how much you loved them 🙂
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
- Otto’s Cassava Flour
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg ( room temp )
- 1 Yolk ( room temp )
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Earth Balance Butter ( softened )
- Brown Sugar
- Enjoy Life ( brand ) Chocolate Chunks
If your looking for more delicious gluten free desserts be sure to try these Gluten – Free Cotton Candy Cupcakes as well as these Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Scones
- Be sure you use Otto’s brand Cassava Flour. Results may differ if you don’t.
- Make sure to sift your flour
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Thank you for the support 🙂
Make sure to check out all of our gluten free desserts here
Happy Blessed Day!
- 1 1/4 cup Cassava Flour ( Ottos brand ) This recipe was made with Otto's Cassava Flour so I suggest using this brand otherwise results could differ
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg room temperature
- 1 yolk room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick Earth Balance Butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks I used enjoy life brand chocolate chunks and chopped them into smaller chunks.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt... set aside. 3. In a large bowl blend softened butter, sugars, and vanilla. 4. Add eggs, and blend again. 5. Add peanut butter and blend one more time. 6. Next slowly add in flour and mix with a spatula until thoroughly combined. 7. Gently fold chocolate chunks into batter. 8. Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter and drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet ... bake for 10 minutes. 9. Let cool and enjoy 🙂
Sarah in New Plymouth, ID says
These are amazing!! My whole family gobbled them up!!
Oh I’m thrilled to hear! Thank you so much for the support!